According to the book Paulden Pioneers by Ruth Gilpin, the Lobo Ranch was originally the King Ranch, homesteaded in 1883 by Tom King and his three nephews, Tom, Arthur and Charlie. It is one of the oldest ranches in the area. The original home site was near the east bank of the Chino Wash, a little west of the Big Chino Road. All that is left now is an old corral and some Cottonwood trees (shown in photo to left).